Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 35 ZF Loose focussing ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricoh 35 ZF Loose focussing ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rayw
Tinkerer
Username: Rayw

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Has anybody taken one of these apart, and can you tell me how to get to tighten the zone focus ring as it is a lot looser than the other 35 zf that i have.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 95

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have worked on a 35zf and a 500g which both had a similar problem. To get to the focus ring, you need to remove the retaining ring from around the front ISO selector/plate. The ring is located just inside the focus ring and has raised tabs equally spaced all around it. Once this is removed, the ISO selector/plate should come out (it will still be attached by wires).
When this is removed, you will see three screws that hold the focus ring in place. These have probably come loose over time. Tighten them back up and you should be in business.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration