Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-570 shutter malfunction Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta X-570 shutter malfunction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Valkyrievf2x
Tinkerer
Username: Valkyrievf2x

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have a Minolta X-570 that I love. Problem is that the shutter is going bad. Just developed some film, and noticed that one of the curtains was dragging. Sure enough, I just checked, and at 1/1000, the shutter doesnt open up all the way. At 500 and below, it works fine. The sad thing is that this is the SECOND time this happens to the camera. It already had been sent out to get taken care off about 3 or 4 months ago, but it is starting up again. Are these cameras known for shutter problems? And I am pretty sure it isn't the dreaded capacitor problem.

Mostly wanna know if i need to toss it and get a new one, or if there is hope for it...

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 326

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to http://www.spts.com/spts-01.htm if you want it repaired right.

They have a good warranty, very experienced technicians, and support older cameras and cameras considered classics. Factory authorized on most manufacturers.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration