Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina IIIc can nit use "B" shutter s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Retina IIIc can nit use "B" shutter seting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kkl122002
Tinkerer
Username: Kkl122002

Post Number: 73

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got a worn Retina IIIc. After CLA has been done, I notice the "B" setting on the shutter can not work. The blades keep open even I have stopped press the shutter release. On the other side, 1sec, 1/2sec and others functions as normal.
So, what should I do so as to restore the "B" setting of the shutter?

THank you
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris_sherlock
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_sherlock

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most likely the shutter release shaft that runs from the top of the camera down to the shutter is sticking, dirt or dried grease are the usual suspects. Alternatively there is either something bent or rubbing inside the shutter itself, or the finger on the side of the shutter mount that transfers the action of the shutter release shaft to the shutter is sticking with dirt or dried lubricants. Not uncommon, you very often have to pull the camera right down to do a proper CLA.
Regards, Chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration