Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Noob needs basical help! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Noob needs basical help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Summerbee
Tinkerer
Username: Summerbee

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hallo dears,
I am totally new to this forum, and I dare ask you advice about a "basic problem".
I am trying to see if i can repair a Semflex Oto 35 B, a french TLR of the early sixties.
I removed front leatherette and had acces to four little brass screws, but yet I cannot remove front plate cause of the shutter button and another circular element with a threaded hole that i suppose should be of use with a flexible shutter release. They are both circular and crome, and i can't take a firm grip on them... Any suggestion is very gratefully accepeted.
Thank you for reading, good light to You!

Edward8
Tinkerer
Username: Edward8

Post Number: 31

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Er. Hello. Yes, you may dare, but never heard of the camera you mention. Others here will help ...

Proceed with caution. Do not force.

Edward

Summerbee
Tinkerer
Username: Summerbee

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thx for reading. I was wondering what is used in general for having grip on such curved and very slippery surfaces...

Ohm
Tinkerer
Username: Ohm

Post Number: 33

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you post a photo of what you are trying to remove, we might be able to make a suggestion after seeing what you are trying to remove.

Ohm
Tinkerer
Username: Ohm

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you post a photo of what you are trying to remove, we might be able to make a suggestion after seeing what you are trying to remove.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration