Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-M meter off after droppping Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta XG-M meter off after droppping « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mrcheese
Tinkerer
Username: Mrcheese

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I did a search on XG-M, and from what found I hope you don't find my question daft;
I see you guys here seem to be putting quiet an effort in trying to solve problems, which seems to include considerable trial and error, too.

And yet here I come, hoping that someone here can answer my question in a simply-do-that-manner (me having really close to no experience with electronics):

i dropped my XG-M and now the meter seems to be inconsistently off, sometimes over, sometimes under, so far 1/2-1 stop.
It also doesn't "snap in" to a suggested shutter speed, it rather moves towards the faster end, decreasing speed until it stops at a speed.

Replaced the batteries 2 hours ago, using Varta LR44.

Meter was compared to a Minolta XD-7 that delivers good exposures in semi automatic mode and a canon eos450d (aiming for the same FOV, of course).

Thank you in advance

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration