Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konirapid-S hiccup... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konirapid-S hiccup... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bliorg
Tinkerer
Username: Bliorg

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all -

I'm installing a Konirapid-S back into a Konica I rangefinder. The shutter runs precisely, but if the aperture is all the way open, the shutter hangs. Stopping down, the shutter works.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Scott

Bliorg
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nevermind - got it. After cleaning, the shutter blade release linkage needed a little lube. Working smoothly now.

Bliorg
Tinkerer

Post Number: 19

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, not working now. Was testing the speeds this morning, and when the aperture is wide open, about every fifth actuation the shutter blades hang on opening. If you move the aperture to stop down while it's hung open, it releases and works. I opened the shutter back up and applied some light oil to the shutter blade actuator, which didn't change anything. The actuator, which should move easily back and forth, springing back into place with the attached hairspring, is slow and difficult to move. Oil didn't free it up, but did get all over the blades (duh).

So, after cleaning a few times in naphtha, I'm letting the shutter dry. I'm at a loss for what's causing the shutter to hang only when the aperture is wide open. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 110

Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

there might be some oil in the aperture activation rings. When the aperture is full open, outer edges of blades stick to that oil.

Marek

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration