Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XD11 - sluggish double-exposu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta XD11 - sluggish double-exposure lock/LEDs on all the time « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peterqd
Tinkerer
Username: Peterqd

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 04:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

I have a lovely black Minolta XD11 here which I promised a friend I would try to cure. There are two problems.

1: As soon as the batteries are inserted the LEDs light up immediately, without touching the release button, and they don't go out after the button is released. The owner is complaining the batteries are draining quickly.

2: Sometimes the wind-on action doesn't release the double-exposure lock, the release button won't depress and the lever can be wound again, wasting film. After two or three seconds wait the lock releases itself and the shutter can be fired. This happens in all modes.

I suspect both problems are linked and probably due to poor lubrication or stuck/dirty contacts. I haven't taken the top off yet but I removed the wind-on lever and found the return spring is corroded slightly, so it's possible the camera may have had a little water inside or possibly suffered from condensation. Also the lens helicoil (Rokkor-X 50mm 1:1.7) is lumpy and needs regreasing.

I've found Michael's instructions (Aug 9, 2004) on removing the top, thankyou Michael, so I'm going ahead with that shortly.

Are there any hazards I need to watch out for or any pointers you might have as to how to cure the problems?

Thanks for your help
Peter

Peterqd
Tinkerer
Username: Peterqd

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 03:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nobody? :-(

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you still need help. please let me know. I can help you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration