Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help! Film Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help! Film Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kanjiruminamoto
Tinkerer
Username: Kanjiruminamoto

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need help! my Film Got Stuck in my Camera
[Yashica electro35 GSN]
how can I pull it out Without Exposing the film to the light and if touching the film will destroy the images?
Early Thanks for replys!

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have to work by feel in complete darkness, either by using a changing bag or finding a completely dark room. Open the camera and try to pull the film off the take up spool. Then rewind it into the cassette, using a screwdriver or something to turn it. Practice with a scrap film first. Touching the film won't destroy the images, but make sure your hands are clean and grease-free. Good luck.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 126

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) get a pair of thin household gloves, they go $2 per dozen here. This makes sure you leave no fingerprints on film.
2) Find a dark room and sit there for 10 minutes doing nothing. Is it still absolutely dark? If no, seal light leaks, then proceed.
3) Open the camera by feel, take the cartridge out, the windup spool is 99% friction-driven, i.e. you can pull the film off it. Roll the film into cassette by spinning the protruding spool end. If you can't grip it very well, you can also gently just push the film into the cartridge, wary of any sudden resistance (which you should not force). If you wore gloves as I suggested, no harm will be done to film by grabbing it (unless you touched something dirty first, like scratching your forehead, which will sure be slightly sweaty and oily as skin always is).

Marek

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 306

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 04:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A cupboard and a heavy duvet make a surprisingly good "darkroom" for this sort of thing - sit in the cupboard under the duvet, though do make sure that you have someone handy just ibn case you find you can't open the cupboard from the inside!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration