Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leica summitar, help! aperture blades... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Leica summitar, help! aperture blades all out « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yelofngr
Tinkerer
Username: Yelofngr

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i had a mishap while cleaning out the super stiff aperture ring on a leica summitar. now all the aperture blades are in a bunch on my desk.

i've found a repair manual online:

http://books.google.com/books?id=NSP6sQk2avkC&pg=PA66&lpg=PA66&dq=how+to+assembl e+aperture+blades+summitar&source=bl&ots=oeCs_xgtQQ&sig=KPMbvWDwCbsKiK_WbsGHZcE1 wis&hl=en&ei=_eYxTKXKI4uecbCt7dwD&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB IQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

but it is rather brief, for someone like me who has no experience with this.

can anyone shed more insight into this procedure?

has anyone put back aperture blades before and have any pointers before i spend my night doing this? has anyone any specific experience in regards to the summitar?

there are 12 blades, and they alternate shape, and they are curved like little boomerangs. they like to pop out of the holes just like the manual says.

any help much much appreciated.
i think i am still freaking out. i just bought this lens and its from 1952!

T6nn
Tinkerer
Username: T6nn

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Place something flat in the hole under the blades, to support them while assembling. Be patient. If you stack them in the "wide open" position, the holes in the setting ring may just happen to align with the "fingers"on the blades.

Pipemartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pipemartinez

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Yelofngr.

I have the same problem with de summitar blades.
Did you find the solution?

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration