Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex T Film Advance Problem. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex T Film Advance Problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bronney
Tinkerer
Username: Bronney

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I gave the camera to repair shop twice already and after a roll or two the problem comes back.

What happens is that, sometimes, the first wind does not stop. From what I understand the forward wind should stop when advancing from frame 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc. That's when you should wind back to cock the shutter, and take the shot.

Sometimes, say at frame 5 (completely random and doesn't happen every time), the forward wind will keep on winding and the frame counter will not count. The only way to "fix" this on the spot is the press down on the lever base (black circle cover) while doing the forward wind. This usually gives me the satisfactory resistance that I know the film winds, the counter counts, wind stops. So that I can wind back and shoot.

Since my T was in CLA twice, the master did tighten the lever base tighter (it came in loose). And now the base doesn't jump around as much.

I am curious why a pressing down on the base + wind "solves" the problem.

Also, my T is quite special as it comes with a purple glass film back plate (like the leica m3 ds) instead of the push up and down for 120/220 plate. Could that be a problem?

What I ended up in the end were randomly overlapped pics (that's before I know the press down trick).

Any ideas? The guy I sent this to for the CLA is the master of rolleiflex in Hong Kong. I doubt he didn't know what he was doing. But is there anyone, say in the states, that I can trust my minty T with? :-)

Thanks a bunch.

Bronney

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration