Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica S2 - frame-mask problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica S2 - frame-mask problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gliderbee
Tinkerer
Username: Gliderbee

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

still the same Konica S2:

I had to reglue the small mirror that's part of the rangefinder system (the right one that moves when changing distance). I glued it as secure as I could in the same place as my "good" S2, but of course, there is a difference and I had to readjust the rangefinder.
Now (but maybe it was like that before, I don't know for sure), the frame-mask bulges quite a lot when it goes to infinity; the lever is more vertical then on my "good" S2 when in near-focus; The mask cannot move enough because it comes to the end but the lever still pushes on when focussing further to infinity. This bulging causes the upper frameline to even dissappear. Anything I can do about it ? Please see the pictures (last one is at infinity position):
frameline in near-focus position, notice lever quite vertical
near-focus, mask not bulging
infinity position
Notice bulging at infinity

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration