Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Retina Automatic III Shutter Pr... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Retina Automatic III Shutter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donstephens66
Tinkerer
Username: Donstephens66

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just purchased a Kodak Retina Automatic III from Ebay a few days ago. It seems to be in great shape with one exception. When I wind the film lever and depress the shutter release, I hear a click but the shutter does not move. The aperture rings open and close as they should but the shutter never budges. I would like to get in there and clean the shutter but cannot figure out how to get the lense off. I am assuming it is probably the shutter blades but am not positive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 47

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It needs a shutter cleaning. They all need a shutter cleaning. The No. 1 thing that goes wrong with the III.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration