Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 Speed Dial Will Not Adju... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL17 Speed Dial Will Not Adjust Fully Fix « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frank Wilson (Wolfmancameras)
Journeyman
Username: Wolfmancameras

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2022 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been purchasing dozen upon dozens of these Canonet to repair and resell. I had a few shutters that had jamb speed adjust plate. Now since I had caight up on all my cameras to repair I dug in one of these jamb shutters. It was a simple fix although I needed to remove the entire shutter off the mounting plate. The problem on all three shutters was a loose speed escapement hold down screw. I do come across some of these cameras with broken speed dial tangs from people adjusting the speeds settings using brut force. Sometimes they are repairable of I get lucky. If not lucky another dial is needed for the repair. The tang is riveted on which does work loose causing the speed dial not turning or not able to adjust fully. Some I had seen with a bent tang having the rivets solidly in place so light pressure can bend the tang back to the 90 degree angle
FRANK

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration