Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax D Pentacon Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Contax D Pentacon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne (Wrmelnick)
Tinkerer
Username: Wrmelnick

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a very nice Contax D that has a shutter issue. First, the shutter speed selection dial does not mesh properly and cannot always be turned. It is also not possible to turn the dial in the direction of the indicated arrow. Even turning the internal gear clockwise with the top off to select the shutter speed is not possible. Also, when using the self timer, the shutter trips before the mirror flips up. These two issues may be related. Does anyone have any similar experiences with this camera?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson (Rick_oleson)
Legend
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1367

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven’t had those particular experiences but I’ve worked with these a bit and i have some notes that might be helpful. My first one was totally jammed and i had to disassemble the shutter timing drum (which i don’t recommend if you can avoid it). Send me an email at rick.oleson@gmail.com and I’ll send you the notes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration