Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Demi S wobbly lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon Demi S wobbly lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone! I'm rapairing that half-frame camera and have a problem with the lens which seems to be a little loose. It is not only the dials which are wobbling but the entire lens barrel, including shutter and the rear lens group. I've took off the front covers and the first lens group but can't figure out why its moving.
Did anyone have this problem either? I wanted to ask you before going any further. Do I have to adjust the screws in the back plate? Do I need to take off the shutter? Can it make trouble with the shutter mechs' assembly?
Also it would be good for cleaning all the lens groups by the way, because they are reaaaally dirty.
I have some repair notes that I've found on the internet but it isn't very detailed on that respect (behind the shutter stuff).

Thank you all.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind, I've took off all apart and nothing apear to be wrong, I will use the camera as it is to see what happens. It's a very easy to dissemble camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration