Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito B Sticky Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander Vito B Sticky Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikeguyver
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeguyver

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just purchased a Voigtlander Vito B with a sticky shutter. Most shutter speed settings are slow and 1/300 sec opens part way. How can I gain access to the shutter mechanism for cleaning and lube. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 113

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You may be able to get the shutter working without any disassembly. If you look from inside the camera, you will see that you have access to the shutter blades. Use a drop or two of lighter fluid on the blades and let them soak for a few minutes. Work the shutter and see if the speeds are correct. Let the blades dry completely and check the speeds again. You may have to repeat the procedure. Resist the temptation to flood the the shutter with too much fluid, it may get on the lens and mean more cleaning.
Try this first. If it doesn't work you will need to remove the lens to get to the shutter. I would tell you how to do this, but I can't remember at the moment. I will have to have a look at my camera to jog my memory.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1101

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a sketch for getting into the Vito B shutter. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you.

Mikeguyver
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeguyver

Post Number: 20

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for sending the sketches. When I have some time next week I'll be working on my camera.

Giac0m0
Tinkerer
Username: Giac0m0

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I recently bought a Vito B from a seller on ebay and when I opened the back, a shutter leaf fell out. Would you think this is repairable and if so, do I need a special tool to get the front lens brass assembly out?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration