Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtländer Bessa 66 jammed film adva... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtländer Bessa 66 jammed film advance knob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Traquair
Tinkerer
Username: Traquair

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a Voigtländer Bessa 66 and in the process of testing its various functions without film I fear I may have jammed the advance mechanism.

This particular model of Bessa 66 has an automatic film counter mechanism incorporated into the top plate of the camera. There is a roller inside the film compartment that advances the counter and releases the double exposure prevention mechanism when the film is wound on. In order to test the shutter release on the camera door without having film loaded, I disabled the double exposure mechanism by rotating the roller until the next number appeared in the counter window. Now the wind knob won't rotate at all. I'm guessing that the wind knob has to be turned at the same time and rate as the roller or else the whole advance mechanism gets out of sync and jams up. Does anyone know how to free the advance knob either with or without partial disassembly of the camera?

Der_uli
Tinkerer
Username: Der_uli

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't my Bessa 66 at hand so I don't remember a special roller. But I'm quite sure that I can't advance the film by more than one frame without firing the shutter. Exactly, it isn't the shutter on the lens, but instead the gear linking into the camera's body. Try to trigger this after every turn of the film advance knob. Maybe these parts are out of sync?

Der_uli
Tinkerer
Username: Der_uli

Post Number: 13

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 05:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops I had another folder in mind - forget my last posting. Meantime I've checked my Bessa 66. It has no lever linking the trigger to the film winder - but instead two knobs to control *manually* the double exposure mechanism. The front one, just above the hinges of the front door, keeps the film advance locked. Try every combination of sliding the front and back knob sideways!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration