Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Takumar 50/1.4 rear lens separa... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super Takumar 50/1.4 rear lens separation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sansfin
Tinkerer
Username: Sansfin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was given a super-tak 50/1.4. The rear element is opague around the edge. The image at wide open seems affected.

The rear element group can be unscrewed quite easily. But I dont know how to disassemble the rear lens group. It's quite stiff. I couldn't find information regarding the rear lens group on the net. I was informed that it could be lens separation of the cemented lenses.

Should i take the risk to clean it? (as it has little effect stopped down) I am afraid that it would go worse. I have no experience in un/re-cementing lenses.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 221

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing that the Tak 50/1.4 is a 7/6 configuration with the rear cell composed of a cemented doublet facing the aperture blades and 2 other elements to the back. If looking through the lens with oblique light you see a rainbow effect then the doublet is probably separating, if not, it just may be dirt.

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 55

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could be the typical yellowing that happens w/this lens. Try exposing the element to sunlight for a few days.

Sansfin
Tinkerer
Username: Sansfin

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I put it under the sun for a few days. The yellowing faded a bit. But the "dirt" on the edges are not gone. It seems there's no rainbow under oblique light so I will try to clean it.

Should I unscrew the ring facing the blades, or unscrew the larger ring connected to black barrel? (anticlockwise?) They both seem stiff and I feel I'm going to break it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration