Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Tessar 50/2.8 - No screws on back! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Tessar 50/2.8 - No screws on back! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mick0x
Tinkerer
Username: Mick0x

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
After servicing my Pentacon 50/1.8 I confidently bought a stuck CZJ Tessar 2.8 I found at a market.

Serial number puts it at 1964 from what I can find (6561488).

The thing is, there are no screws on the back!

All the servicing info I can find online (including the excellent http://oomz.net/tessar/) says the screws should just be there, but there is a metal cover around the back of my lens. See pic below. Has anybody come across this?

I just need to know how to get it off. Is it simply screwed on? I've tried twisting by hand to no avail. The next step would be a pipe wrench but not knowing if it is actually threaded I don't want to break the lens.

Many thanks,

Mick.

Vinzenz
Tinkerer
Username: Vinzenz

Post Number: 38

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you want to service? You can unscrew the rear lens element by opening the ring with the two slots or if you need to clean the shutter open the lens from the front.

Sansfin
Tinkerer
Username: Sansfin

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have exactly the same tessar. You can simply unscrew (anticlockwise) the widest base (just above the silver button in your photo) with very little effort.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration