Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FTb shutter button stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon FTb shutter button stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 125

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cannot press the shutter button on my FTb.
I have taken the bottom and top off, and have determined that the problem is with the disk on the bottom of the main shutter winding shaft (if that is what it is called). The disk has a slot which has to line up correctly with a tab on the shutter button shaft in order for the button to be depressed. My disk, after winding, "rebounds" too far and allows the slot to be misaligned.
I cannot see what should be stopping the gear train from winding backwards after advancing the film.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?
I have also noticed that the shutter spring seems to bounce backwards as well. I'm not sure if this is a cause or effect.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration