Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Regent II winding lug Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Regent II winding lug « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 139

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got one to work on and just took a look at the winding lug. Now the inside of the camera says use kodak 620 film and the websites I have found confirm it is a 620 camera. However, there is no possible way the winding lug in that thing will fit into a roll of 620 film. It would be really tight even with 120 film (no, 120 film will not fit into the film chamber). What the heck is going on here? Did Kodak make a weird kind of 620 film for these? Has somebody modified it? I need to do something so it can be used and as things stand, there is no film that will fit in this camera.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 241

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lots of websites when I Googled Kodak Regent. I don't know if any will help. Good luck.

Foto_gaga
Tinkerer
Username: Foto_gaga

Post Number: 31

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It helps if you pull up on the knob as you turn it to pull the "lug" up out of the way preceeding the loading of the film.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 140

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Charlie, I looked at several websites and nothing is mentioned about this. I'm starting to think someone did a half-assed modification, maybe back when they were selling those modified 120 film rolls for 620 cameras. Remember those "Old cameras love our film" guys?

Foto-gaga: You don't pull up on the winding lug, you pull down on the knob that's on the other side of the film chamber to get a roll into it. The problem is the "axle" that holds the winding lug is bigger than the hole in the end of a 620 spool and the lug is thicker than the slot in the end of the spool too. It won't engage the hole/slot in the end of a 620 film spool. The "axle" is almost as big as the whole film spindle.

My thought at this point is to taper the lug and the "axle" so it will at least engage the slot in a MODIFIED 620 spool. It won't be pretty, but it should work until I can think of a better solution.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration