Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina II, no working shu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Ikon Contina II, no working shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Meykey
Tinkerer
Username: Meykey

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got my hands on a Zeiss Ikon Contina II and I can't seem to make the shutter open (click). the film lever wont advance, and when i press the shutter it wont do anything.

Anyone have some insight into what may be the problem?? any info will help, thanks

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 129

Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I currently have the same issue with the same camera. It is the second time this has happened with this camera. You will have to remove the shutter from the camera by removing the four screws from the back (inside the film chamber). This will allow you to access the inner workings of the shutter cocking mechanism. If I remember correctly, the problem I had was with the rack that drives the main sprocket on the shutter. It wasn't a difficult job. Things were just out of alignment.
I haven't had a chance to open my camera up, but I hope this is a start for you.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 130

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to clarify, we are talking about the non-folding Contina, right?
If it was the folder, it needs film to operate.

Meykey
Tinkerer
Username: Meykey

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it is the non folding one. thanks ill try this.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration