Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Aires Viceroy viewfinder/rangefinder ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Aires Viceroy viewfinder/rangefinder problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I black marked the center of the viewing window in order to see the rangefinder spot and the rangefinder is working except for the fact that I see a horizontally positioned ghost image.
Now I realize that the bright-line frame is also seen twice with a horizontal shift.
#1 pivoting mirror o.k.
#2 double-sided mirror with horizontal plain glass mask
#3 plain glass with square metal piece glued on each side, this has round opening in the center

to the left of #3 is the traditional semi-reflector.
I suspect that the metal masks on #3 are not properly aligned.
ANY ideas ??
AIres
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 35

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

problem solved !
the previous owner did some extensive cleaning of the beam splitter (semitransparent mirror) and removed the coating, the framelines were reflected on the two surfaces of the beam splitter resulting in a double image.

The beam splitter of a junk Petri 7 works perfectly after cutting it to the right size :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration