Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 7s - shutter and fil... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Hi-Matic 7s - shutter and film winding problem only when full auto « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James_mcdaniel
Tinkerer
Username: James_mcdaniel

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone! I recently found a Minolta Hi-Matic 7s at a thrift shop for about $10, ran a roll of film through it, and discovered a problem I haven't seen mentioned anywhere before. Things seem to work fine when using manual settings for aperture & shutter speed.

But when the camera is set to "full auto" - with both aperture and shutter speed rings set to A - then the film winding and shutter release get messed up. When the film was loaded, a single "full throw" of the film winder didn't allow the shutter button to work - instead it usually took TWO full winds to take a photo, resulting in skipping every other frame of film. Afterwards looking at things with the back open, it shows the same behavior even without film. And sometimes pressing the film winding lever the second time actually fires the shutter!

I would appreciate any thoughts people might have on this problem. Thanks!

James

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration