Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak retina 1a locked up Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak retina 1a locked up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 70

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

picked this folder up today. i,ve searched past post and archives for similair problems. film cocking lever is jammed, shutter button won,t fire shutter. the toothed film sprocket spins in both directions as if stuck in release position to rewind film. when depressing shutter button their is movement in shutter assembly clear up to shutter it,s self. i,ve tried manually pushing shutter release on shutter it,s self down but it,s not moving. i just don,t want to dive into wrong area to try and fix problem. i,m thinking someone,s probably forced cocking lever and now it,s jammed up. i tried setting film counter on other than 0 also. but i,m not sure it works like 1b model. i,m sure top needs to come off since film sprocket spins freely along with it,s other problems. any ideas. James

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 106

Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 01:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd say take the shutter completely off of the camera. Then, you can 'eliminate' any problems related to the body/release button/double-exposure-prevention mechanisms, etc. That's the easist way to determine whether the problem is in the shutter itself, or in the linkages.

If you do, make sure any shim rings get back into position.

Make sure the shutter will cock and release properly at various speeds (off of the camrea).

Then (with the shutter off) see what's going on with the release/linkage etc.

If it isn't doing right, then take off the top cover and have a look. Have some naptha and light oil ready.

Things to look for: things that are not springing back into 'rest' position due to dirt or lack of lubrication.

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 71

Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

update i.ve got rewind sprocket to lock in like it,s suppose too. cocking lever and shutter release still won,t budge. i got film sprocket to lock in after rotating film advance counter around multiple times and rotating film sprocket too. could shutter just be stuck now. James

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration