Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta 7sII winding question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta 7sII winding question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian_legge
Tinkerer
Username: Brian_legge

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a pair of junk 7sII which I'm trying to turn into a single functioning camera. I'm using the body and lens from one camera and the meter/assembly from another.

I thought I had everything sorted out until realizing the advance lever didn't lock after winding. The shutter cocks and fires just fine - the problem is that I can advance over and over. Before deciding to live with it, I'd like to take another go at fixing the issue.

If I follow the mechanism, when the shutter is cocked, it would loosen the tension on a little lever which allows a trap visible under the bottom cover to lock the winding. I'll post a picture tonight as I don't have the vocabulary to describe this yet.

Does anyone have any reference or info on the camera? I'm sure I'm missing something basic but I don't see what.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration