Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta x-700 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta x-700 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Abbyread
Tinkerer
Username: Abbyread

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay so I'm having a couple of problems with my minolta x-700, I read the manual and followed the instructions. When I was about to take a picture,my viewfinder went black I can't see anything now. My other problem is that the lever is kinda loose I thought it was stuck, but then I pushed it a bit harder and went loose I really hope that I didn't break it. please, can anyone help me...

Agno3
Tinkerer
Username: Agno3

Post Number: 29

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like your mirror is stuck in the "up" position.

This is often caused by the deterioration of the foam rubber surrounding the bottom of the prism/focusing screen.

Remove the lens to see if the mirror is up. If so, GENTLY touch the sides to see if will drop back down. If not there is likely a more serious problem.

The light seals are obtainable from Jon Goodman on eBay or direct, and are pretty easy to install. You do have to be careful with solvents around the focusing screen as it is easily damaged.

If the winding lever has stripped it's mating gear, you also need internal parts. Never force a camera. Ever.

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 56

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If possible, extend the lever gently as far as it will go. Then let go quickly to let it snap back. That might reset the camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration