Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

MINOLTA XG-1 screw Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » MINOLTA XG-1 screw « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eruso
Tinkerer
Username: Eruso

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 04:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, I'm sorry, but I don't know much about technical vocabulary, so I'll try to explain as best as I can. You know the little thing that rolls the film after it's used inside the camera, and also makes the back case open if you push it? Well, I lost its screw. Can anyone tell me the characteristics of this screw, so I can buy one?Kind regards

Agno3
Tinkerer
Username: Agno3

Post Number: 31

Posted on Monday, August 23, 2010 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are looking for the rewind lever screw. While I can't tell you the thread or pitch, you may be able to find the rewind crank assembly, which will consist of the crank, the screw, the washer/shim, and the split post that extends into the camera. I imagine this assembly is the same for the XG-1, X-570, X-700 etc.

When you replace this screw, dab some fingernail polish onto the threads to help lock it in place. Turning the crank the wrong direction (counterclockwise)loosens the screw.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, August 23, 2010 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the rewind knobs and parts are not the same on all the Minolta X series but if you need the correct part, please PM me and I can supply it..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration