Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mir 20H (20N) lens reassembly problem... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mir 20H (20N) lens reassembly problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marco
Tinkerer
Username: Marco

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got myself this Nikon-mount FSU wide angle lens for very little. External cosmetics are almost like new but both front and rear glass show lots of fungus inside. As I carelessly removed the rear group, two lenses and a separator just dropped off and now I don't know which one goes in first nor which way around. Are they meant to be installed loose or someone even more careless than I was there before? Have little experience with lenses but trust I can catch up. Has anyone seen an optical diagram so I can find which way the convex/concave sides should point at? Final question: could someone suggest a way to remove the front element so I can tackle the fungus problem?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Caerwall
Tinkerer
Username: Caerwall

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marco

I have the Mir-20H. I am just looking for a way to adjust infinity focus. The lens is very sharp but will not focus past about 20' (6 metres). Various "fixes" for other lenses about the web suggest loosening screws around the focus ring and adjusting a stop screw underneath. But there seems hardly enough room on this lens' body to slide the focus ring anywhere to gain access at infinity focus.

Other suggestions seem to screw out the front lens fascia and there is a focus stop adjustment there. With the front fascia off there are three equidistant screws visible which looks more like a retaining mount. Might not have found the infinity focus adjustment but I think this is how you might get access to your front element.

If anyone can help with accessing the infinity focus adjustment on a Mir-24H(N) then I would be pleased to know but meantime I will keep searching ...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration