Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removal of Olympus 35 LC lens assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Removal of Olympus 35 LC lens assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alexk
Tinkerer
Username: Alexk

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Following on from my 35LC junker post..

We opened up the lens (or to more accurate, let it fall apart) today and worked down to the shutter, finding evidence of previous visits by owners. Gouged screw heads, scrapes, all manner of gunk lying in there...

Anyhoo, we gotten to the shutter and it seems that the shutter release button lever isn't connecting with anything, and the aperture selector switch has a very limited travel (maybe 1 stop).

Problem is that both of these issues are the other side of the shutter, which for the life of us we can't see a way of removing from the lens assembly to access the rear of the shutter and the aperture blades. (oh and replace a circlip that fell out from the depths of the lens when stripping it down)

This is what we are faced with with the self timer mechanism removed:

A and B I assume from pictures I've seen should release the speed governor, so that only leaves 'C', but none of this feels like its the way to remove the shutter.

The only other way we can see to remove the shutter/lens are four screws into the main case of the body at the base of the lens, but you can't get a screwdriver in there with focus ring in the way and you can't get that out the way till the shutter is removed...

Also I'm about to ask a stupid question. Given the 35 LC has an electronic shutter (you can see some of the bent, unbroken thankfully, contacts in the first image), will it actually fire mechanically without a battery?

Whoever dropped/worked/kicked this camera around, did a number on this lens.

Any ideas about getting this shutter off/operational?

Shutter
Base

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration