Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax spotmatic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax spotmatic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer
Username: Johnsboys69

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2010 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi can some one help i have an old spotmatic the meter is out by two stops'ie'when it shoud be f8 it shows f4 is ther an adjusment to put this right if so how! thanks john

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 21

Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2010 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a potentiometer for meter adjustment. It is visible under the top cover and you have to remove the rewind knob and the film reminder parts underneath to expose the adjustment hole. However, two stops is quite a bit to adjust, most likely a problem other than calibration. I would check if the meter is non-linear - is the error the same at high and low light levels. If it is non-linear, I would suspect the photo cells. If the error is the same at all light levels, the calibration pot may work for you. Also, you did not mention the model of Spotmatic that you have. The Spot F is different and the very early Spotmatic does not have an adjustment access hole.

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks the model is a honeywell spotmatic 1000 ser 1169650.the error is two stops at all light levels i did not see the an adjustment hole I think this must be an early one.Thanks john

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 22

Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you mean the SP1000? If so, the adjustment hole is visible under the rewind side film reminder cover.

Johnsboys69
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi and thanks the adjustment worked all OK

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration