Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Robot 2 clockwork camera (1939/51 no.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Robot 2 clockwork camera (1939/51 no. B35179-6 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Silversurfer
Tinkerer
Username: Silversurfer

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Folks, bought a really nice clean Robot2 from a German market stall camera dealer, whilst on holiday. Not being familier with the camera I assumed the takeup spool was correct, as he suggested...not so! According to McKeowans guide it should be a single? T&N cassette, (whatever that means). There is a cassette for sale on US ebay by a camera? (rubbish photo !)dealer. 380257514415 but he doesn't say for which Robot it is suited (the 2a use a normal cassette?)
And an English seller lists 'one' correct? cassette, 250693723359.
Can anyone advise on this please. It may be I need 2 cassettes and if so are they L/R handed?
Have I bought a lemon!
Pity, if so as it works great and case is mint, still smell's of new leather! Thanks for any advice you find time to give, silversurfer

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 196

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 03:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

According to this website (German only)
http://lippisches-kameramuseum.de/Robot/Robot_T-und_N-Filmkassetten.htm
the Robot II needed two different cassettes. The one on the left side are the N cassettes which take the exposed film the ones on the right side are the T cassettes providing the unexposed film.
Cassettes for prewar cameras are hard to get as all tools got lost in the war.
Here's the camera I'm referring to.
http://lippisches-kameramuseum.de/Robot/Robot_II.htm

I have no experience with those cameras and the above is a result of a google search on German websites. Hope it helps a little.
Martin

Silversurfer
Tinkerer
Username: Silversurfer

Post Number: 19

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 04:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Martin,thanks for quick reply and you kind search efforts (I do not speak German!,UK based). I have a reply from the US dealer it is a N cassette and at about £19.00 inc postage I may have to bite the bullet and buy it as they are rare (unless a forum member has a couple for sale, along with some hens teeth!)
I'll check out you links, what a wonderfull place this forum is! Ted

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration