Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Howto remove topplate Ensign Auto-ran... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Howto remove topplate Ensign Auto-range 220 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wideopeniris
Tinkerer
Username: Wideopeniris

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 04:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,I'm trying to remove the top plate on my Ensign Auto-range 220; I have removed the small screw at the fat end and the range-finder lens and the viewfinder eye-lens. I have also removed the wind knob and the small screw that is visible on the bush that houses the wind knob. I have taken off the frame counter too.

However after all this the plate still seems attached in the vicinity of the wind knob end. I can see no fixings. The wind mech seems to be free to move inside the bush but the plate cannot be lifted there. There is a small horizontal hole in the bush against the top-plate itself but there doesn't seem to be anything behind it, no matter how I turn the winder.

I'm now completely foxed. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Kevin.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wideopeniris
Tinkerer
Username: Wideopeniris

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Finally answered this myself - the sprocket that connects to the spool inside the film chamber can be undone thus releasing the bush and the top plate. Now that this is achieved I've sorted out a number of things but am left with a puzzle of how the range-finder is coupled. Subject for another post!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration