Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ensign auto-range 220 Rangefinder cou... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ensign auto-range 220 Rangefinder coupling problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wideopeniris
Tinkerer
Username: Wideopeniris

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having restored much of the door hinge mechanism, I'm left with re-assembling the range-finder coupling and the swing arm that goes along with it. As I have never seen this mechanism in its complete form, I'm not sure how it was arranged.

THere is an arm for the rangefinder and there is a slot in it that looks like it goes on the brass lug and arm that form part of the lens erection linkeage, except that I cant see how it can be fitted together.

Does anyone have a complete working Ensign Autorange 220 they can show me some pics of? Its the top right hand corner of the door viewed from the front...

Many thanks for any help,

Kevin.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 316

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kevin, if you don't mind registering on yet another forum, there's a chap on www.amateurphotographer.co.uk under the name of Folding_Camera who uses an Autorange 220 - not sure that he has a digital to take photos of it, but he may be able to describe it to you...

Wideopeniris
Tinkerer
Username: Wideopeniris

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 03:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks for the lead. I shall report back if I get sorted....

Johnnyh
Tinkerer
Username: Johnnyh

Post Number: 15

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a set I have posted; it's the best that I can do with the Wife's digital compact ;-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43334883@N03/sets/72157624946513188/with/4986440774/

Brooklynlight
Tinkerer
Username: Brooklynlight

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kevin

How did you get on repairing your Autorange 220? Did you manage to sort out the rangefinder coupling? I'm very interested because I have the same camera and almost the same problem except that someone has completely removed the internal workings of the rangefinder. I am hoping to be able to replace the rangefinder but I don't know what it looks like because I can't find much detail on the web. I'm also keen to know how the rangefinder couples to the focusing bed. If you have any pics of your repair I would be very grateful if you would be kind enough to post a link somewhere or even a bit of a description would be helpful.

cheers,

Ian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration