Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 7s rear door removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Hi-Matic 7s rear door removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johnm
Tinkerer
Username: Johnm

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the film door on a Hi-Matic 7s? The one I just got at a sale has a bent back door. If I can figure out how to remove the door, I figure I can replace it with one from a junk camera.
Thanks.
John

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 34

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you peel back the leatherette covering on the hinge side of the back door, you will discover 4 slotted screws that hold the back door hinge to the body. Remove them and the back door will remove along with the hinge.

Johnm
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Brcamera. That was easy.
Now if anyone has a Hi-Matic 7s parts camera that wants to sell it, or even just the back door, please let me know.
JOhn

Georgeboosh
Tinkerer
Username: Georgeboosh

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used a hammer and a piece of wood to straighten a bent back door on a Yashica J rangefinder once. Worked fine.

Johnm
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried bending it by hand and it was a little better, but still needed extra help to open and close. I didn't think of using a hammer. In any case, Brcamera sold me a used door at a very reasonable price and it works perfectly. Now all I have to do is replace the foam and the camera will be good to go.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration