Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XD-7/XD-11 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta XD-7/XD-11 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peterqd
Tinkerer
Username: Peterqd

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 02:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A close friend has asked me to took at her XD-11 because the metering LEDs in the VF are constantly on and the batteries run down very quickly. I believe this is a fault with the main circuit board which I can't repair, so I'm looking for a donor camera. It doesn't matter what cosmetic condition, black or chrome, broken/missing parts etc, as long as the electronics operate correctly. My friend's camera is almost mint, so I can either swap the PCB over or else use the complete chassis and exchange the fittings from hers.

I know this is a long shot but if anybody has one they could sell me or swap for something, or knows somebody else, could you PM me please?

Many thanks,
Peter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a serous problem. Remove the top cover and look for green wire soldered to flex circuit on right of hot shoe. the copper track leads to pin 1 of the top ic, and green wire goes to shutter release switch. when the switch grounds green wire the leds switch on. Just check what is grounding the green wire without pressing shutter release.

This could be the metal behind eye piece blind lever touching bare copper track going to pin 1 of ic? Always remove cover with this lever pressed down. And keep it so while assembling top too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration