Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Tamron SP 28-80 zoom-diaphragm conection Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Tamron SP 28-80 zoom-diaphragm conection « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer
Username: Wupdigoj

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I have received this lens with an issue: the diaphragm closes itself a little (about 1/2-3/4 point) when you zoom from 80 to 28. I have tried to reposition the aperture lever, but I have finally concluded that the culprit is the stop down mechanism which is closing the diaphragm without pressing the stop down little wheel. This lead to overexposition and to darker image in my pentax MZ-5, in the 28 zoom position.
I have tried to adjust the stop down lever, but then the close down actuator will not close the diaphragm fully. Finally I have concluded that all I have to do is rotate the diaphragm assembly just a little (CW from the rear), and this would correct the problem. Does anybody know if this can be done and how?. I would like to know how the diaphragm assembly is supported and if this could be made without mayor disassembly. Thank you very much

Javier

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration