Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-H 50mm f/2 1st e... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-H 50mm f/2 1st element removal... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tintin
Tinkerer
Username: Tintin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikkor-H 50mm f/2 with fungus around the rim of the front element. It appears to be on the reverse of the 1st element from the front.

I am very much a novice but have been able to remove the complete optical block from the casing; and also been able to separate the front and rear element blocks from the aperture mechanism.

Is there anybody who could help me with now removing the 1st front element from the front element assembly so I can remove the fungus from the rear of it?

many thanks

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 59

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-102.html

Tintin
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much for the link but it was the info at this link that got me as far as I have.

Unfortunately (as far as I can see) it contains no details on how to disassemble the 1st element from the front element block.

I can't seem to find out how to do this anywhere on the internet!

regards,

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 239

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "front element block" do you mean front lens group?

Tintin
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 04:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi - yes I think so - in the Rick Oleson link above , I believe he refers to it as the "front cell" - but front lens group makes sense to me - the fungus is on the reverse side of the 1st element of the front lens group when viewing the complete lens from the front...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration