Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-570 Back-Cover Won't Open Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta X-570 Back-Cover Won't Open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ziggy
Tinkerer
Username: Ziggy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just purchased a Minolta X-570,and as you can guess, the back cover won't open! I pull up on the release knob but nothing happens.

Please help,
Thanks,
Zig

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1109

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 04:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first thing to try is to hold up on the knob while pulling on the back to open it - it is common for the light seals to become sticky and prevent the back from popping open normally. On some cameras you can't grip an edge of the back, in which case you might try sticking some duct tape onto the back to give you something to pull on.

It is also common for people to try pulling harder and harder on the rewind knob when the back doesn't open as expected. The result of this is to bend the latch linkage below the knob to the point where the latch no longer releases. If this has happened, you will probably need to remove the top cover to get access to the bent piece so you can straighten it.

Ziggy
Tinkerer
Username: Ziggy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got it open with your help!
Thank you very very much!
you made my day!
Zig

Zenzaman
Tinkerer
Username: Zenzaman

Post Number: 11

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i don't know if it applies to x series minoltas, but on xd-7/11 you can open the door by removing the bottom plate and pushing on the end of the latch (you can't miss it)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration