Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Braun Paxette rangefinder alignment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Braun Paxette rangefinder alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrewc
Tinkerer
Username: Andrewc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 05:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a beautiful 'new' Braun Paxette that works beautifully in every way except that the rangefinder is out of alignment. Does anyone know how to align it? I have no idea where to even begin.My Paxette

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 36

Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andrew, there may or may not be a way of setting the rangefinder without removing the top of the camera. It doesn't seem that anyone knows the exact answer with the Paxette. Some general pointers - the adjustments usually in the form of small adjusting screws, are sometimes to be found under larger screws which act as covers. Possibly on the front, back or top, or behind the film door. It may even be underneath the flash shoe. If you can locate it, it's just a case of aligning the focussing patch on a subject of known distance, then turning the screw until the patch coincides with the main image. There could also be a vertical adjustment as well, but these are often under the top cover. It might help if you posted some more pictures of the camera from different angles, and with the back open.

Andrewc
Tinkerer
Username: Andrewc

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will do that shortly...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration