Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax 6x7 frame spacing problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax 6x7 frame spacing problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tgraichen
Tinkerer
Username: Tgraichen

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a pentax 6x7 which has a problem with its frame spacing. it is about 5mm too wide compared to a normal working camera (so around 10mm, a little below half of an inch), so that i only get 9 frames onto one roll of 120 film. it looks like this spacing is relatively constant along the film. 120 vs. 220 is set properly by the way. my question now: is there any point in the camera to adjust the progress which is done with one stroke of the advance lever? and: how is the feeler roller on the right side (right before the takeup spool) involved into the process: is it only used to drive the frame counter and thus the progression in the frame spacing along the roll or does it linearly measure the amount of transported film and results in a stop of the wind-on when enough film is transported? in case of the second option: might slightly reducing the diameter of this roller work as a quick fix? any help would be appreciated.

a lot of thanks in advance and best wishes - thomas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration