Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

QL17 GIII Problem winding film Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » QL17 GIII Problem winding film « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Olympusrf
Tinkerer
Username: Olympusrf

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a problem in my QL17 GIII
It does wind, shutter works, but it does not pull the film.... the wheels just don't turn, i've started a roll and it take the first pictures but then fail to pull the rest of the film....

Anyone here had this problem or knows why can this happen?
thanks

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 171

Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm having a similar problem with a Canonet 28.
When the spool encounters resistance, it simply spins.
I've found that if I push down on the spool (towards the bottom of the camera), the spool does "grab" and works correctly.
I don't think the take up spool is exactly the same as on the QL17. I plan to do a complete teardown of the camera to see what the problem is.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 172

Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had a look at a QL17 take-up spool and it is nothing like the 28...of course it wouldn't be because the 28 doesn't have the "QL" mechanism.
Well, if anyone has any insight into why my 28 is not winding, it would be helpful.

Olympusrf
Tinkerer
Username: Olympusrf

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Problem solved.
After removing the bottom cover, all i had to do was put a little oil in the spool mechanism. Simple!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration