Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX-2 is stuck!! Help!! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica FX-2 is stuck!! Help!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sadakosdaisy
Tinkerer
Username: Sadakosdaisy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Yashica FX-2 has been working perfectly til now. But after taking 4 pictures with a new film, the whole thing jammed. The film advance lever is jammed, the shutter release button is stuck down, and nothing is working!
Any ideas?? Have CRC'd, and it didn't help. Have cleaned it. Considering taking it apart

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 162

Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 04:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Have CRC'd" ???

Sounds like the wind lock needs releasing then recock and it might sort itself out.

Sadakosdaisy
Tinkerer
Username: Sadakosdaisy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm lost, how do I do that?

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 164

Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 04:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The wind lock is usually under the base plate and is what stops you winding on the film a second time. If the camera has stopped mid-cycle then the wind lock won't have been released and you end up with the camera locked up.

I'm not familiar with the FX-2 but I would take the base plate off and look around the bottom of the wind shaft. You'll probably find a lever that engages with a cam on the bottom of the shaft. You can usually pull the lever away from the cam manually which allows you to re cock the camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration