Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito II Focus Reset Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander Vito II Focus Reset « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rjakoel
Tinkerer
Username: Rjakoel

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello - I picked up a lovely Vito II at a local camera show, and it seemed to be working ok, until I put a roll of film and all pictures turned out to be out of focus. I checked with ground glass on the film plane and sure enough, whoever messed with it before did not do a good job. I have reset focus for my folders before, but this one has me stomped. I am looking to see where the set screws are so I can attempt to adjust. Any help from the forum here would really be appreciated.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 118

Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doesn't it have three set-screws in the ring around the front lens element? The ring with the distance marking?

Rjakoel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott - thanks for answering, that is exactly what I am trying to locate, and have not been able to. They are definitely not along the shaft of the lens, so must be hidden somewhere.

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 32

Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You really need a couple flexiclamps to get the front ring off; one to hold the black ring behind it, and the other to turn off the top one. Once that is done you can take out the cone-shaped logo piece and you will find three screws that hold the front element in place. There is a picture on my web site: http://mconnealy.com/vintagecameras/vito/index.html

Rjakoel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Mike, for the information, I appreciate it.

David_ritchie
Tinkerer
Username: David_ritchie

Post Number: 64

Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I once had a camera that you could unscrew the lens from the body and them when you got ready to replace it, you could start threading it two different ways. You could start threading it and all appearded to be normal, but you could also remove it again turn it 180 degrees and rethread it. One way the lenns did not focus correctly, the other way was ok. You just had to determine as you did which was correct. If my memory is correct it was an old Kodak lens.

Rjakoel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all, focus is reset and the Vito II is as good as new.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration