Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex focusing repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex focusing repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carlsvalbard
Tinkerer
Username: Carlsvalbard

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Rolleiflex f3.5 and somewhere when stored in the camera bag the focusing stopped working. The focusing is fixed and doesn't answer when I turn the focusing knob, and I can feel the knob is not connected to the rest of the focusing because it is too easy to turn.

Is this something I would be able to try to fix myself, if I'm careful? I would guess I would have to open it in some way, and then tighten something connected to the knob. I just don't know how or where to open.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1115

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It may depend on which Rolleiflex 3.5 you have. On the earlier ones with a small focusing knob, you will see 2 small holes in the flat face of the knob. Insert the pins of a spanner into these holes and the flat cap unscrews counter-clockwise. Under this cover is the shaft of the focus cam and a lock nut to secure it to the knob. Turn the shaft to rack the lens back to infinity (best to check this in the finder or with a groundglass in the film plane to make sure you're in the right position), then set the knob to its infinity stop and retighten the nut.

Johnmaloof
Tinkerer
Username: Johnmaloof

Post Number: 25

Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have this same problem with my f3.5. I have a light meter on my knob. How would you go about taking knob off with a meter?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration