Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander vito B shutter stuck open ? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander vito B shutter stuck open ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zakkattack
Tinkerer
Username: Zakkattack

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,
read most of the threads about this camera. Usually shutter is stuck, but stuck open ?.
Any observations / suggestions most welcome.
Also any info on removing the lens to give it a good clean.

Mikeguyver
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeguyver

Post Number: 35

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had the same problem with my Vito B. I fixed mine by disassembling the front part of the lens and wash out the shutter with lighter fluid. Had to do it twice and work the shutter until the lighter fluid evaporated. Wipe off the excess lighter fluid off the shutter and aperture blades with Q-tips. Once dried any remaining desolved grease will harden and lock the shutter and aperture blades. Rick Oleson has a diagram on the Vito B lens disassembly on his CD (and many other great stuff on camera repairs and it worth the $15.00).

Mike

Zakkattack
Tinkerer
Username: Zakkattack

Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for answering Mike,
I figured entry via the front was the way to go.
Cheers
Zakk

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration