Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX-70 quartz film door doesn'... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica FX-70 quartz film door doesn't close « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mkim
Tinkerer
Username: Mkim

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I picked this up from a thrift store and it seems fine except for the seals and the latch. I think I can do the seals but I'm clueless over the latches. They're not snapped off or bent. It seems like maybe the latch in the body needs to be just a little higher somehow. It moves just fine when I pull the rewind lever up. Any suggestions? (or just tape it up?)
Thanks!
p.s. I can post a photo if that helps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Teraforce88
Tinkerer
Username: Teraforce88

Post Number: 26

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The door should just snap shut if you close it. If it doesn't, then the door itself is probably bent/warped. You could try pushing on the left edge of the door as you close it to see if it'll latch that way.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration