Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 Wiring Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL17 Wiring Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rhymeface
Tinkerer
Username: Rhymeface

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Am having a problem rewiring my Canonet. I did post on here a while ago but this little project got shelved.

So I've been endeavouring to replace a severed hotshoe on my QL17 and previosuly hit a snag where the flash was either not going off or going off of it's own accord.

The original thread can be found here,

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/15681/12805.html

and Richard A Oleson was kind enough to impart his knowledge on the matter.

Now getting back to it, I've checked the wiring and all is good but the flash still doesn't go off.

In addition to that, I'm trying to locate where a couple of wires in the top cover go that I can't quite place.

Here's a photo with the wires highlighted,

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/robbie326/canonet-top-cover.jpg

From consulted repair manuals I've found, I can see that the black wire should be connected to the centre pin of the hotshoe but can't figure out how it should be attached - the loop at the end of the wire is too big to fit snuggly over the bottom of the pin.

I have no idea where the white wire is supposed to go to.

Can anyone help at all?

Xowhiplock
Tinkerer
Username: Xowhiplock

Post Number: 8

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a top in front of me off a camera I'm working on. Here is a picture of the same area that shows you are missing parts from the assembly...CAnonet QL17 GIII - Top-Inside

Xowhiplock
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for the bad pic. Here's a crop of the center and larger showing the hot shoe wires. Note the tape that insulates from shorts/misfires. CAnonet QL17 GIII - Top-Inside -crop

Xowhiplock
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like white is center and black of off to the side.

Xowhiplock
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Note that the contacts on the camera need to be clean and a piece of tape on it as will to prevent misfires...Canonet QL17 GIII - Hot Shoe Contacts

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration