Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sony DSC H2 - Dropped down - Blurred ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Sony DSC H2 - Dropped down - Blurred image « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nm_ranga
Tinkerer
Username: Nm_ranga

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Last week I dropped my digital camera which is Sony DSC H2 Cyber Shot. The height of drop was around 2 feet.

I checked for any problems. The problem was that images are now blurred when photos are taken. The word "blurred" may not be the exact word to be used but that is how it looks like.

What could be problem and how do i repair.

FYI, there is no other abnormal thing i could notice on the camera except this.

thx
Ranga

Photographer_x
Tinkerer
Username: Photographer_x

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps you missed this statement on the main page?

"The Classic Camera Repair Forum is a get together for people who tinker with old mechanical cameras from the 1970's and earlier.

This forum is moderated. Please pay the highest respect to this forum. PLEASE DO NOT POST questions unrelated to the above mentioned camera eras. ESPECIALLY DO NOT POST questions about digital cameras".

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 878

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

George,

You are quite correct in bringing to the fore the aims and 'rules' of this Forum, which many people ignore for any manner of reasons. However as probably the newest member of this body, you have failed to grasp what is possibly the main reason why people ask for help in areas outside the Forum's scope - we all come over as a friendly helpful bunch here. If one bothers to answer any of these taboo problems, then most of us try and 'point' a finger' in the direction of help and not just slam the door in the face of the questioner.

It has been stated on other forums that also have rigid aims and coverage of their subject matter, that people who ask off topic questions are just plain ignorant and deserve all the ire that is heaped upon them. I totally disagree with this attitude; it takes nothing more to point out that digital is outside the scope and then point to the obvious answer - back to the main dealer or a Sony repair centre.

Let's keep the 'Season of Goodwill' alive for the full twelve months. Perhaps we need one more, unwritten but always in our minds, Forum Rule - if we cannot give a polite and helpful answer then do not post a reply.

Nm_ranga
Tinkerer
Username: Nm_ranga

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Photographer_x,

I'm sorry. Didn't notice.

@Glenn,

My English is not at its best. So, could hardly understand what you came to say.

@Admin,

May be you could add a BOLD PHRASE in the registration page explicitly stating that this site is for Classic camera holders.

Thanks & Bye
Ranga

Photographer_x
Tinkerer
Username: Photographer_x

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nm_ranga: Sorry if I was rude. I did not know you were international. Thought you were a cheap American. Try these forums better:

groups.yahoo.com/group/camera-repair/

tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/camera-fix/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration