Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 blue wire replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL17 blue wire replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 05:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to replace the blue wire from the battery terminal. Before I tear into the camera, does anyone know where the blue wire ends? I can see a blue wire at the light meter, but I am unsure if it is the same.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 24

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PM sent on subject.

PF

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your help.
I have replaced the offending wire and the camera is working great.
My camera is wired slightly differently than the wiring diagram. The wire from the battery is blue, not red and it connects to the small board on the back of the lens assembly. The diagram shows the wire going directly to the battery checker board.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 25

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wayne,

It's not unusual for a camera manufacturer to make changes in the model line as it matures. Yashica's are like that, and the Nikon F2 has many subtle variations that you only find out about when you dismantle one.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration